Venus Awards announced and celebrated their ultimate winners for 2017 at an inspirational National Finals event held in the beautiful surroundings of Audleys Wood Hotel on Thursday 13th July 2017.
The National Venus Awards, now in its 8th year, celebrated the success of its National Winners for 2017 with regional winners, sponsors, guests and supporters in the beautiful surroundings of the Audleys Wood Hotel in Basingstoke on Thursday 13th July 2017.
The Venus Awards National Finals saw over fifty regional winners compete in their respective categories for a coveted National Venus Award trophy. The bringing together of the Venus family of inspirational and influential women from across several counties and regions made for a remarkable and celebratory afternoon.
Sharing their experiences of overcoming adversity, building success and transforming lives with the assembled guests were inspiring speakers Seema Flower, Founder and Managing Director of Blind Ambition Business Consultancy, Sue Stone, Life Style Coach, Business Mentor and Motivational Speaker and Tara Howard, Founder of Venus Awards.
Sponsors of this year’s National Finals were Mumazing Success, Marshall Financial Solutions, Barbara Burgess, Business Channel TV and BBX UK.
Of the National Finals, Venus Awards Founder Tara Howard, herself a business woman and mother of four, says,
“My hope for the National Finals day was that everyone left a little bit more motivated than when they arrived, I can’t wait for next year! I would like the essence of Venus to help women in countries and regions where choice is not an option, we are very lucky as women in the Western world and we have proved it here today. It is one step at a time and the help that is put in to get us there is so appreciated.”
Sam Bramwell of Microsoft, National Winner of Manager of the Year said of the day,
“I had a fantastic and inspirational day yesterday at the National Finals, I am really honoured given the amount of inspirational women in the room and the wonderful speakers”
Julie Hawker of Cosmic, National Winner of Employer of the Year said of the Awards,
“It’s a huge honour for me personally but it is also a massive reflection on the team. I am happy to congratulate all the other Venus winners yesterday. It was a wonderful event!”
The Venus Awards 2017 National Winners are:
- Ros Debenham (Radiance Medi Spa) – Lifetime Achievement – Devon
- Atuksha Poonwassie (Simple Backing) – Influential Woman of the Year – Berkshire
- Christine McRitchie (Earthwise Trading) – Green Business – Oxfordshire
- Tracey Rawling Church (Kyocera) – High Achiever – Berkshire
- Kay O’Shaughnessy – Inspirational Woman of the Year – Devon
- Sam Bramwell (Microsoft) – Manager of the Year – Berkshire
- LUSH (Rowena Bird) – International Business of the Year – Dorset
- Helen Jenkins – Musical Talent – Dorset
- Viktoria Baker (Ugly Apples) – New Business – Oxfordshire
- Amber Haigh (Ambers Angel Trust) – New Charity – Devon
- Sally Bannister (Turn IT On) – HR Manager of the Year – Oxfordshire
- Julie Hawker (Cosmic) – Employer of the Year – Devon
- Cheryl Adams (Santander) – Director of the Year – Berkshire
- Reading Buses – Company of the Year – Berkshire
- Rachel Tombs (Links 2 Leads) – Networker of the Year – Thames Valley
- Charlotte Cavanagh (Times For Tea) – Entrepreneur of the Year – Oxfordshire
- Suzanne Revell (Churchill Retirement Living) – Marketing and PR – Dorset
- Catherine Turner (Rapid Search) – Business Mother of the Year – Berkshire
- Rosy Jones (BEBC) – Customer Service – Dorset