As we age we lose the volume in various areas of our face; the cheeks, temples, lips and around the mouth. We also lose the elasticity of the skin and the combination leads to wrinkles and sagging skin. Dermal fillers are injected to re-volumise and tighten the skin of the face as an alternative to surgery.
The most important factors when deciding to have dermal fillers are the expertise of the practitioner, your safety and the product that is being injected.
Dr Debenham was involved in the development of the Galderma Harmony Facial Assessment Process and will guide you through this at your complimentary consultation.
Dr Debenham & Nurse Helen will personally carry out your dermal fillers, Botox and follow ups. You will be required to sign a consent form after being given the time to ask any questions. Photos will be taken before each treatment.
The soft hyaluronic acid gel in dermal fillers closely resembles the natural hyaluronic acid of the body that diminishes with age. Some dermal fillers also stimulate the production of collagen so tightening the skin.
Dermal Fillers are injected (using a needle or cannula) just below the skin or deeper, depending on the area being treated, to plump up the skin giving instant results. There are many types of filler that Dr Debenham & Nurse Helen will choose from for the specific area of your face. The majority of fillers are pure hyaluronic acid that is present in the body naturally. If you liken your skin to a mattress, the springs are the collagen and the padding around is the hyaluronic acid. All the fillers Dr Debenham & Nurse Helen use are not permanent. One type of filler that is sometimes used contains a molecule that actually stimulates the body to produce collagen. The fillers used at Radiance MediSpa are from the Restylane & Galderma.
It is important for you to feel comfortable with the results of dermal fillers so you will have plenty of time to discuss what you are looking to achieve and see before and after pictures from treatments that Dr Debenham & Nurse Helen have carried out.
After the skin has been numbed using a tiny local anaesthetic injection the filler is injected injects using a very fine needle or cannula so that the treatment is comfortable. A cannula is a ‘blunt needle’ – this may sound a strange thing to use but it is more comfortable, safer & causes much less bruising. Most clients leave with minimal to no signs of a treatment having been done but remember that there is a risk of bruising.
• Forehead – reduction of horizontal wrinkles and often paired with Botox treatments. This is usually done using Viscoderm Hydrobooster – a course of 2 treatments 8 weeks apart. (£425 + £325). A treatment with Viscoderm can cover a large area of the face and not just one specific area.
• Frown – reduction of the ‘number 11s’ and horizontal lines between the brows and often paired with Botox treatments. This is usually done with Restylane classic. Usually £375
• Crow’s feet – reduction of the fine lines and often paired with Botox treatments.This is usually done using Viscoderm Hydrobooster.
• Tired, sunken eye appearance – this is the ‘Tear trough’ area that affects all ages. Treatment here giving a rested, youthful look. This is done using Amalian SF 16. Only Dr Debenham does this treatment &and results usually last a year or more. this is done in 2 stages, 2 weeks apart & the cost is fixed at £550.
• Chin – increase in volume in a small chin. Looking at your profile using the VISIA scan is helpful before considering this. Correcting an imbalance can often make the nose look smaller.
• Lips – reduction of smokers lines, lipstick bleed area and increase in volume for thin lips or those that have lost volume with age. Again, here, a change in the profile can make dramatic results. NB We do not favour large unnatural looking lips.
• Cheeks – increase in volume of cheeks that have lost volume with age or addition of volume to define the cheekbones. Clients often ask for the lines from the nose to the mouth to be filled but it is normally the cheeks that need addressing. The cost is dependant on the volume of filler used and product used but is usually £395- £550
• Neck – reduction of the saggy skin, ‘necklace lines’ and sometimes paired with Botox treatment. Profhilo is our favoured treatment for necks. A course of 3, one month apart (£750). Sometime Aliaxin S&R is also used.
Often there is little obvious evidence of a treatment having been done but sometimes there is some swelling and bruising. We use the latest ‘cannula techniques’ to minimise the downtime and increase safety.
The range of fillers used is specifically chosen for their safety and lack of downtime. Please note that Lesley Ash had permanent fillers in her lips and had infections that caused her deformity. Dr Debenham does not use any permanent fillers.
Volume restoration in cheeks
Dermal Filler for lips
Dermal fillers for dark circles & tear trough correction
Plumping of older lips with dermal filler
Dermal filler to enlarge & rejuvenate small lips
Dermal filler to correct down turned mouth
Filler to correct down turned mouth
Marionette & jowls
Marionette & chin augmentation
Jowls & marionette lines
Dr Ros Debenham personally carries out all injections and follow up appointments.
Dermal fillers can be applied to the following areas; forehead, chin, lips, cheeks and neck.
The results lasting between six and 18 months depending on the dermal filler used and the area treated. Non of the fillers used by Dr Ros Debenham are permanent fillers.
Doctor Debenham will carry out a full facial assessment before your treatment. If she is happy that you are fully informed she can carry out the treatment on the day or at a time convenient to your schedule.
You will be required to fill out a medical form to rule out any conditions that might contraindicate a treatment. The vast majority of healthy people, who are not pregnant or breastfeeding are suitable for dermal fillers.
If you are considering Dermal Fillers you will need to book a consultation with Dr Ros Debenham and find out what will be best for you.
Dermal Fillers start from £300.00
Only tiny amounts of Filler are injected, so this treatment is not harmful. Very occasionally there may be slight swelling or even more rarely bruising at the injection site.
Dr Ros never rushes appointments, assesses your face at every consultation and presses the injected area to help avoid any bruising but this is still a possibility.
Immediately. This treatment has an effect almost instantly.
A little bit but a local aesthetic is used to help with this & there is also aesthetic within the filler itself.
Dr Ros absolutely lived up to my expectations. Not only does she expertly understand every element of facial treatments with botox and filler, but she can explain it in the detail so many practitioners do not do. She is a cautious and compassionate Dr who is an expert on the contours of the face and what is and isn’t required for the patient, I am thrilled with the obagi retinol , its just the best product out there & any clinic stocking it knows its stuff. Fantastic botox results, quicker then any i’ve had before as started to show within a week.
I’ve had derminal fillers in many places and totally in love with it! I couldn’t be without it and would not go anywhere else. Dr Ros has your full intrest at heart as she doesn’t do it by amounts, instead it’s based on what you need to enhance your area of concern. This provided me with confidence that she cares about my appearance as apposed to my money. I have built up a great report with Dr Ros and would trust her with anything. She excels in everything she does and makes you feel a million dollars by not only her treatments but her kind words too.
TO BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION CLICK HERE